REGISTRATION/LOTTERY RULES & PROCEDURES
1. Only persons who provide the necessary proof of guardianship, proof of residency, immunization records, and proof of registration on a local school district, coupled with a transfer card from that school into Hatikvah, will be eligible to register their child(ren) in the Hatikvah
2. If there are more students than there are available spaces in a grade group, there will be a lottery for that grade.
3. An independent party will conduct the lottery and will ensure that all persons who complete a registration form are fairly represented in the lottery.
4. Parents must complete a separate registration form for each child seeking enrollment in the school.
5. Separate lotteries will be conducted for resident (meaning from East Brunswick) and non-resident students. Resident students will be chosen first and receive preference for enrollment. Separate priority lists will be established and maintained for each grade level.
6. Those applicants who send in their applications within 48 hours after the completion of a lottery will be tacked on to the bottom of the most recent waiting list or priority list, as the case may be, instead of being included in the next lottery.
7. If a child is admitted to the school, any siblings on the waiting list immediately move up on the waiting list for their grade to the highest position that follows any siblings previously placed there.
8. Because we do not yet know how many currently enrolled students will be returning next year, or how many slots will be available in grades other than kindergarten, all non-kindergarten children selected in the lottery will be placed on a priority list in the order in which their numbers are picked. As slots become available, parents will be notified of an opening in their child’s grade level.
9. Parents who are notified that their child has been reached on the priority list must inform Hatikvah within 24 hours of their decision to enroll their child in the school. Failure to do so will result in the slot being made available to the next child on the priority list.
10. It sometimes happens that space becomes available in the middle of the school year. Parents who are offered and decline a mid-year spot will not lose their position on the priority list. The opening will be offered to the next child on the priority list. Hatikvah will not accept new enrollees after the end of the third marking period, however (approximately the beginning of April).
11. Parents who are unable to attend the lottery will be notified as soon as possible of their position on the priority list.
12. Within three (3) weeks of acceptance of placement in Hatikvah, parents must produce additional documentation as requested and required by law. This will include, but is not limited to, proof of registration in the local district (if not already provided), completed transportation form, various health forms and school district transfer card. Our staff will be available to assist as needed. Failure to present requested documentation by its due date may lead to your child’s slot being given to the next child on the priority list.
13. Children may remain on the waiting list for up to one (1) year. If not admitted within one (1) year, the child must re-register. State law